What is a Notice?
A notice is a written or printed announcement. They are put up on display boards in schools or at public places.
Why do we need?
It is written in order to inform a large number of people about something that has happened or is about to happen. It could be just a piece of information to be delivered to the targeted audience.
How it could be.
A competition? An excursion trip A lost and found notice. An inauguration to take place An exhibition.
A blood donation camp or any event or information issued in public interest.
How should be the language?
Notices are factual and to-the-point. The language should be simple and formal, not flowery. They are put up on display boards in schools or at public places. It is generally written in a formal tone. Personal pronouns shouldn’t be used.
What should it contain?
* Name of the issuing agency (school, college etc) .
* Date of issue/release of the notice.
* Title/Subject of the Event (what?).
* BODY-Date/time/duration/place/venue (when and where?).
* Authorized signatory: Name and signature (contact details).
Sharmila is the in-charge of the cultural committee of GOVT HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, Tiruttani. She has been asked to notify the students of the school about the inter school singing competition. Write a notice with relevant details.
GOVT HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, Tiruttani.
October 30, 2019
INTERSCHOOL SINGING COMPETITION
The school is hosting the Inter-School Singing Competition for classes 6 to 12 on Nov,14 at school auditorium. All the talented students with gifted voices may appear for the audition to be conducted in the presence of famous singer on Nov,5 at 9 a.m.
For further details, contact the undersigned. Sharmila,
Secretary (Cultural in-charge) .
1. Your school is going to organize an inter-school dance competition. Write a notice for your school notice board inviting all the interested students.
RKR GOVT HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
August 17th, 2019
INTER-SCHOOL DANCE COMPETITION
Our school is going to organize an inter-school dance competition for classes 6 to 12 on September 8th at the school auditorium. We invite all the students, who are interested in dancing to register your names in the school office by 25th of this month. For further details, contact the undersigned.
Secretary (Cultural in-charge).
2. You are Santhosh, Secretary, Housing board, Officer’s colony, Thiruvarur. Water supply will be suspended for ten hours (10 a.m to 8 p.m) on 5th of October for cleaning of the water tank. Write a notice in about 50 words advising the residents to store water for a day.
HOUSING BOARD OFFICER’S COLONY
October 4th, 2019
This is to inform all the residents of Shastri Nagar in Thiruvarur to store water for a day as the water supply will be suspended for ten hours from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on 5th October 2019 for the cleaning of the water tank.
3. You are the head girl/boy of a Govt. High School. Your school is soon going to publish the annual magazine next month. Write a notice for the notice board of your school inviting students to submit write-ups.
GOVT HIGH SCHOOL
October 19th, 2019
Our school is going to publish the annual magazine next month. All the students are invited to submit their write-ups for the magazine on or before 30th October 2019. You should mention your name and class in the articles and write-ups.