Naturopathic medicine is based on a belief that the body heals itself using a supernatural vital energy that guides bodily processes.
History of Nature cure movement started in Germany and other western countries with [Hydrotheraphy] “water cure”. In credit of making world famous goes to Vincent preissnitz who was a farmer. Dr. HenryLindlahr was called as the “Father of Naturopathy”.
· Acute diseases are our friends not enemies, chronic disease are the outcome of wrong treatment and suppression of the acute disease.
· Nature is the greatest healer. Body has the capacity to prevent itself form disease and regain health if unhealthy.
· In Naturophathy diagnosis is easily possible.
· Nature cure treats body as whole instead of giving treatment to each organ separately.
· Nature cure treats physical, mental, social and spiritual.
· Naturopathy does not use medicines. According naturopathy food is medicine.
The whole practice of Nature cure based on the following three principles.
1. Accumulation of morbid matter.
2. Abnormal composition of blood and lymph.
3. Lowered vitality.
It also believes that the human body possess inherent self constructing and self healing power.
The five main modalities of treatment are air, water, fire, mud and space.
· Facial diagnosis – Studying the Facial expression.
· Iris diagnosis - Studying the condition of visceral organs.
· Full life history - Covering all the Facts of life.
· Modern Clinical diagnosis.
· Water therapy – Water is the most ancient of all remedies.
· Air therapy - Fresh air is essential for good health.
· Fire therapy - Heating techniques are used.
· Space therapy – Fasting is the best therapy
· Mud therapy - Mud absorbs and dissolves & eliminates toxin.
· Food therapy - Nutritious diet is the only medicine.
· Massage therapy – By applying medicinal plant extracts.
· Acupressure - By applying pressure on selected points.
· Magneto therapy – Magnets influence health.
· Chromo therapy – Sun rays have seen colors – [VIBGYOR] employed through irradiation on body.