E. Listen to the story and answer the following.
1. The rich man was from....
2. Where did Chulong catch the bird?
Chulong caught the bird in a bush in his garden.
3. Why did Chulong catch the bird?
Chulong caught the bird in order to become
richer by selling it for a big amount.
4. What will happen to the bird in imprisonment?
If the bird is kept in imprisonment, it will
lose its beauty and its sweet voice.
5. What did the bird suggest Chulong, in exchange for its freedom?
The bird suggested Chulong to teach him 3
important rules of life, in exchange for its freedom
6. Does Chulong want to earn money honestly?
No, he was a greedy man, he wanted to earn more
money through dishonest way.
7. What were Chulongs plans for the the bird?
Chulong’s first plan was to sell the beautiful
bird for a huge amount. His second plan was to kill it and to eat its meat.
8. Who is wise according to you?
According to me, the bird is wiser than Chulong.
9. Is the bird a crow?
No, the bird is not a crow.
10. What are the three rules given by the bird?
(i) Never believe everything others say.
(ii) Never be sad about something you do not have.
(iii) Never throw away what you have in your hand.