![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Important Question And Answer: Water Treatment
1. What are the methods of desalination?
The methods of desalination are,
a. Desalination by evaporation & distillation. b. Electro dialysis method.
c. Reverse osmosis method.
d. Freezing process.
e. Solar distribution method.
f. Other method.
2. What is different system of distribution networks?
The different system of distribution networks is, a. Dead end system.
b. Grid iron system.
c. Ring system.
d. Radial system.
3. What are various methods of distribution system?
The various methods of distribution system are, a. Gravity system.
b. Pumping system.
c. Combined gravity and pumping system.
4. Define fire storage?
It is sufficient amount of water available in the reservoir for throwing it over the fire in case of fire accidents is called fire storage.
5. Enumerate various chemical parameter of water? Various chemical parameter of water are, a.
b. Nitrogen content. c. Iron content.
d. Manganese and other metal content.
6. What are the two types of sewage system?
The two types of sewage system are, a. Combined system:
When the drainage is taken along with the sewage then it is called as
b. Separate system:
When the drainage and sewage are taken independently of each through two different sets of sewage is called as separate system.
7. What are the two types of water meter?
The two types of water meter are, a. Inferential meter.
b. Displacement meter.
8. Define time of concentration?
The period after which the entire area will start contributing to the runoff is called time of concentration.
9. List the components of sewerage system?
The components of sewerage system are, a. House sewers.
b. Lateral sewers.
c. Branch sewers. d. Main sewers.
e. Outfall sewers. f. Man holes.
10. What is peak drainage disturbance?
The method estimating the maximum rate of storm runoff is called as peak drainage disturbance.
11.Mention some shapes of sewer pipes
• Circular shape
• Egg shape
• Horse shoe shape
• Parabolic shape
• Elliptical shape
12.What are the forces acting on sewer pipes?
• Internal pressure of sewage
• Pressure due to external loads
• Temperature stress
• Flexural stress
13.What are the materials used for constructing sewer pipes?
• Vitrified clay
• Cement concrete
• Asbestos cement
• Cast iron
14.Give some qualities of the good sewer pipes
• Resistance to corrosion
• Resistance to abrasion
• Strength and durability
• Light weight
• Economy and cost
15.What are the tests conducted in sewer pipes after laying?
• Test for leakage(water test)
• Test for straightness of alignment and obstruction
16.Define sewer appurtenances
• Sewer appurtenances are those structures which are constructed at suitable interval along a sewerage system and help in its efficient operation and maintenance
17.Mention the classification of manholes
• Shallow manholes
• Normal manholes
• Deep manholes
18.What is meant by catch basins?
• Catch basins are nothing but street inlets provided with additional small setting basins for avoiding the entry of the particles like grit, sand ,debris in to the sewer pipes
19.Define inverted siphons
• Inverted siphon is defined as the sewer section constructed lower than the adjacent sewer section and it runs full under gravity with pressure greater than the atmosphere
20.What are the various methods of ventilation for sewers?
• Use of ventilating columns
• Use of ventilating manhole covers
• Proper design of sewers
• Use of mechanical devices
21. What is Unit operation and unit process?
Unit operation only involve physical operation
Unit process is a process which involes both physical and chemical operation.
22. What are the various method of purification of water?
Copyright Â© 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.