1. Define by Sampling by variables.
Instead of using defective or non defective classifications for an item, a quantitative quality
measure or the value of a measured variable is used as a quality indicator. This testing procedure is
referred to as sampling by variables.
2. Define by Sampling by attributes.
The acceptance and rejection of a lot is based on the number of defective or a non
defective item in the sample. This is referred to as sampling by attribute.
3. Define injury frequency rate.
It is defined as the number of disabling injuries per 1,000,000 man-hrs worked. A
disabling injury is an injury which causes a loss of working time beyond the day,
shift or turn during which the injury was received.
Injury frequency rate = number of disabling injuries x 1,000,000
Number of man-hrs worked
4. Define injury index.
It gives the overall picture of injuries signifying both frequency and the severity
and it is expressed by the equation,
Injury - index = Frequency rate x Severity rate
5. What are the types of statistical sampling in quality control?
The types of statistical sampling in quality control are,
1) Sampling by attributes
2) Sampling by variables
6. What are the standards measured in safety construction?
Provide Helmets for workers Requiring Eye Protection Requiring Hearing Protection Supply Safety Shoes Provide First Aid facility
7. What are the various temporary Safeguards in construction?
Guy lines Barricades Braces Railings Toe Boards
8. How do you improve the job site in construction?
Choice of technology
Educating workers Pre-qualification of contractors
9. How do you improve in total control?
1) To improve worker enthusiasm
2) To reduce the defective items
3) To increase the cost of items
4) To insure safe and effective construction
10. What are the materials Specifications available in construction?
1) The American Society for Testing and materials (ASTM)
2) The American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
3) Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
4) American Welding Society (AWS)
11. What are the factors affecting Quality in construction?
1) Incorrect Design
2) Improper workmanship
3) Lack of attention in worksite
4) Lack of training in construction work
12. Define Quality.
Quality is defined as the fitness for the purpose and it satisfies the customer.
13. Mention the causes of Accident in a construction industry.
1) Physical Accident
2) Physiological Accident
3) Psychological Accident
14. What are the functions of Inspection?
1) Material Inspection
2) Process Inspection
3) Equipment Inspection
4) Finished Job Inspection
15. What are the Various Safety equipments?
Helmet Gloves Shoes Goggles Safety Belts
16. Mention two safeties Quotation.
Make safety a habit Good work is a Safe work
17. What are the technical services required for inspection?
5) Field Laboratory
6) Base Laboratory
7) Equipment testing and repair unit
Safety is hardly a procedure or a programme. It is a way of life, a state of mind, a force of habit and it must be part of each individual, in every activity, at all times and everywhere.
19.Mention the Physical causes of Accident in a construction industry.
Accidents caused due to Machines Accidents caused due to tools Accidents caused due to materials Accidents caused due to uniform Accidents caused in working environment
20. Define injury -severity rate.
It is defined as the number of days of lost time because of injuries per
1000 man-hrs worked. The injury - severity rate which indicates the severity of injuries, is expressed by the equation,
Injurity - Severity rate = number of days lost x 1000 Number of man-hrs worked
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.