Heat and Temperature
* To understand the working
principle of thermometer
* To measure temperature using
* To know about Thermometric Liquids
* To differentiate between Clinical
and Laboratory Thermometer
* To know the various units of temperature
* To convert a temperature from a
thermometer scale to others.
You shiver when it is cold outside and sweat when
it is hot outside, but how can you measure those weather temperatures?
Temperature is involved in many aspects of our daily lives, including our own
bodies and health; the weather; and how hot the stove must be in order to cook
The measurement of warmness or coldness of a
substance is known as its temperature.
It is a measure of the average kinetic energy of
the particles in an object. Temperature is related to how fast the atoms within
a substance are moving.