![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Group Interview involves a group of number of interviewers asking a group of candidates. The purpose of this interview method is to select potential candidates for management positions or public positions (in which the candidates are required to communicate with publicity). Excellent candidates are gathered into groups of 8-10 people. After that, they will be asked to debate on certain topics raised by the interviewers. The interviewers shall observe and assess the candidates' ability to communicate, persuade and discuss with others. Also, the intervie ws may measure the candidates' ability of reasoning and cooperating with others.
Groups interview tips
1. Be polite and generous with others. Try to break the ice with your interesting introduction to other candidates.
2. Listen to the interviewer's instructions carefully and analyze them well.
3. Actively and dynamically participate in the discussion. That is highly expected by the interviewers. Don't just stay there and listen as it may cost you the chance of getting the job.
4. Nevertheless, knowing to listen is important, too. You must know when to be a talker and when to be a listener. That's important.
5. Don't be stubborn and too much aggressive in your discussion. Be cooperative, stay calm and listen attentively. Those are requirements of a potential candidate.
6. Try to deal with conflict in an appropriate manner. There out to be disagreements in a discussion, certainly. The goal of the discussion is to debate on a common solution; however, only cooperation may be able to come to such a solution but not aggressiveness or arrogance.
7. Appreciate others' opinions and support others in narrating their ideas.
8. Constructive criticism is good in a debate; however, make your points so that they don't cause any offense.
9. Try to avoid any conflict or ―quarrel‖ in a discussion. All of candidates are supposed to work in a team but not fight in a competition. So, try to lead the discussion to a positive outcome.
10. Make a list of constructive questions to ask in the discussion.
11. When you are required to answer questions by the interviewer, keep your answer short and complete.
12. Work as a team but also remember to make you individually outstanding.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.