Can you jump higher (high) than this building?
Yes! Because this building cannot jump!.
Which is more important (important) tp us, the sun or the Moon?
Solve the crossword puzzle using superlative adjectives.
2. The oldest man ever whose age has been verified is Jiroemon Kimura.
4. Antarctica is the coldest continent in the world
6. The elephant is the heaviest animal in the world
8. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world world
1. Deserts are the driest places on Earth
3. Russia is the largest country in the world
4. Mercury is the closest planet to the sun
5. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world
6. Diamonds are the hardest material in the world
7. The cheetah is the fastest animal in the world
Note 1: i) tall - taller - tallest.
It is used with persons
ii) high - higher - highest.
It is used to refer to the height of anything.
E.g : The tallest boy climbed on the highest peak.
Note 2 : The blue whale is the heaviest animal in the world.
The elephant is the heaviest animal on land.
Put students in pairs and tell them to interview their partner. To do this they must make questions, e.g. What’s the worst storm you’ve ever seen? They can also ask follow-up questions to find out more information. Do feedback on this as a whole class. Other thematic questionnaires of this kind could be:
• The most frightened I’ve ever been …
• The happiest moment I’ve ever had …
• The most nervous I’ve ever been …
• The best song I’ve ever heard …
• The worst song I’ve ever heard …
• The longest time I’ve ever danced …
Places in your life
• The most dangerous place I’ve been in …
• The cheapest restaurant I’ve eaten in …
• The most boring town I’ve ever visited …