Write a paragraph comparing Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. The following words will help you to write a compare and contrast paragraph.
is similar to
on the other hand
in contrast to
The story of Don Quixote is similar to the story of Sancho Panza. Both of them are interested in adventures but Sancho Panza is practical. On the other hand Don Quixote is crazy and his attmpts are in contrast to that of Sancho Panza. Unlike his master, Sancho Panza is clever too. However he couldn't prevent some of the attempts of Don Quixote. He differs from his master in looking at things. While Don Quixote performs foolish things, Sancho Panza also goes with him but he is careful as well.
I. Answer the following questions briefly.
1. Where did Don Quixote live?
Don Quixote lived in the village of La Mancha, in Spain.
2. What did Don Quixote read about?
Don Quixote read about stories of knights and their incredible adventures.
3. What did Don Quixote imagine himself to be? What did he do?
Don Quixote imagined himself to be a knight and went in search of adventures.
4. Who was Sancho Panaz? How was he useful to Don Quixote?
Sancho Panza was a peasant in the village of La Mancha. Don Quixote made him his squire.
5. What did Don Quixote promise to give Sancho Panza?
Don Quixote promised to reward Sancho Panza with an island if he served him faithfully and honestly.
6. What did Don Quixote and Sancho Panza see on the hill?
Don Quixote and Sancho Panza saw a large old windmill on the hill.
* Ask students to collect stories about their town from older people.
* Ask them to find out how the streets were named.
* Are there any interesting people or legends to which the street names refer?
* Are there any local places in town about which people tell stories?
* Any haunted houses?
* Let students find out when the town was founded and by whom.
* Visit a local historical society to see old photographs or artefacts.
Let student create an original historical fiction:
Describe the town from the point of view of a fictitious citizen who might have lived in the town long ago. Include local issues of the time in the story. Write the story of the town from the fictionalized point of view of a resident who actually lived.