1. Coastal Zone: The area that extends from the high tide mark on land to the edge of the continental shelf, which is the submerged part of the continent.
2. Earth Summit: The high level inter-governmental meeting on environment of the earth held in Rio-de-Janeiro, brazil in june 1992.
3. Global Warming: The slow gradual rise in the temperature of the earth due to emission of excess quantities of radiation-trapping gases.
4. Local Authority: An official body responsible to a higher body doing some of the administrative and welfare work of the locality e.g., Panchayats.
5. Health: The condition in which the body is sound and the mind is free,
6. Aerosol: Fine liquid, solid or gas particulates that remain suspended in the atmosphere for varying periods.
7. Logging: Activity of felling trees and preparing the timber.
8. Gully: A ravine formed by the action of water.
9. Biomass: Organic matter used as fuel specially in a power station for the generation of electricity.
This activity enables the students to understand about the need to sustain our natural resources. It helps them to understand more about how to use the three Rs to maintain the given resources
* Type the URL link given below in the browser or scan the QR code. A page opens with two options . “Instructions and Play game”
* Read the instruction well before start to play
* Many objects will appear on the screen you have to collect it with the help of the toy on the screen and classify it .
* Then you have to put it in the three bins according to the instructions.
* The time limit is two minutes only. At the end of the game you will see your score.
*Pictures are indicative only.