![if !IE]> <![endif]>
VI. Distinguish between the following
• Producers are self nourishing components of the ecosystem.
• Hence they are called Autotrophs. Eg. Plants, Algae, Bacteria etc
• Decomposers are some organisms that are incapable of preparing its own food.
• They live on dead and decaying plants and animals. Hence they are called Saprotophs. Eg. fungus, mushrooms
• Terrestrial Biomes is a group of living organisms that live and interact with one another on land.
• Tropical Forest Biomes Tropical Savanna Biomes, Desert Biomes Temperate Grassland Biomes and Tundra Biomes are the five major terrestrial biomes of the world.
• Aquatic Biomes is a group of living organisms that live and interact with one another and its aquatic environment for nutrients and shelter.
• It is broadly classified as Fresh water Biomes and Marine Biomes.
• This biomes extends between 10°N and 10°S of the Equator. Shows high annual rainfall and high temperature.
• The chief trees found here are rubber, bamboo, ebony etc. Bats, pheasants, jaguars, elephants etc are the important birds and animals found here.
• They sustain their livelihood through food gathering, fishing, lumbering and shifting cultivation.
• Deserts are usually found on the western margins of the continents between 20° and 30°N and S latitudes. The annual rainfall is less than 25 an in these regions.
• Drought resistant thorny scrubs and bushes, palms are found here. Reptiles like snakes lizards, scorpions etc are most commonly found here.
• Tribal people who live here practice food gathering and hunting.
• Savannas are tropical grasslands
• These grasslands are found in the sahel, south of Sahara in East Africa and in Australia.
• This biome is generally hot, dry and experiences moderate to low rainfall.
• Tall and sharp grass grows here
• People are nomadic
• Chief occupation is herding
• The common animals found have are the lion, leopard, tiger, deer, Zebra, giraffe etc.
• Rhodes grass, red oats grass, lemon grass etc grow here
• Tundra is avast lowland
• Tundra is found in Greenland, Arctic, Antarctic regions and northern parts of Asia. Canada and Europe.
• This biomes experiences long severe winter and short cool summer.
• Productivity is very low
• People are nomadic
• Chief occupations are hunting and fishing
• Common animals are polar bear, wolverine, reindeer, snowy owl etc.
• Arctic moss, Arctic willow, lichens etc grow here.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.