Creating a new presentation
You can create a presentation by any one of the following methods.
1. By selecting an Empty presentation
2. By selecting From template
3. By selecting from Open existing presentation
1. Select Empty presentation under Type. It creates a presentation from scratch.
2. Click Next. The Presentation Wizard Step 2 appears. Figure 12.4 shows the Wizard.
3. Choose a design under Select a slide design. The slide design section gives you two main choices: Presentation Backgrounds and Presentations.
4. Select the output medium from the list of choices for slide design. Choose anyone from the list. The preview of the same will be shown in the preview pane.
5. <Original> is an empty background. You can also select among three predefined Presentations: <Original>, Introducing a New Product, and Recommendation of a Strategy. (Figure 12.6).
6. Click an item to see a preview of the slide design in the Preview window.
7. Select how the presentation will be used under Select an output medium. Generally, presentations are created for computer screen display, so select Screen option. (Figure 12.6).
8. Click Next. The Presentation Wizard Step 3 appears (Figure 12.7). In this step, you can choose the desired slide transition from the Effect drop-down menu. Select the desired speed for the transition between the different slides in the presentation from the Speed drop-down menu. Medium is a good choice. Click Create. A new presentation is created. (Figure 12.8)
• If you choose the option From template, it uses a template design already created as the basis for a new presentation. The wizard changes to show a list of available templates.
Choose the template that you want. (Figure 12.9).
• Introducing a New Product and Recommendation of a Strategy are pre-packaged presentation templates.
• If you choose the option Open existing presentation, it helps in continuing the work on a previously created presentation.
• You have to open a presentation already prepared by clicking Open button. The wizard changes to show a list of existing presentations, from which you can choose the one that you want. (Figure 12.10).
You can start Impress in various methods.
1. You can select the presentation from the system menu or the OpenOffice. Quickstarter.
2. Or you can click the New icon and select Presentation from the drop-down menu (Figure 12.11).
3. Or else, choose File → New → Presentation.(Figure12.12).
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.