![if !IE]> <![endif]>
* The British Government in India did not adopt a pro-Indian agriculture and land revenue policy.
* Lord Cornwallis introduced Permanent Settlement in 1793.
* Ryotwari system was introduced by Thomas Munro and Captain Read in 1820.
* Mahalwari system was a brain child of Holt Mackenzie.
* The land near the hills of Rajmahal in Bihar was cultivated by the Santhals.
* Dinabandhu Mitra wrote a drama, Nil-Darpan, in Bengali.
* In 1875, the peasants revolted in the district of Poona, that event has been called the ‘Deccan Riots’.
* The Punjab Land Alienation Act was passed in 1900.
* In August 1921, the Moplah tenants rebelled against the oppressive Zamindars.
* The peasants of Bardoli (Gujarat) started their agitation under the leadership of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
1. Apparatus: new system புதிய அமைப்பு
2. Claimants: a person making a claim உரிமை கோருபவர்
3. Cultivator: a person who cultivates the land விவசாயி
4.Encroachment: intrusion on ஆக்ரமிப்பு
5. Moneylender: a person who lends money to people, at a high rate of interest கடன் தருபவர்
6. Predominantly: mainly முக்கியமாக
7. Tenants: a person who occupies land rented from a land lord குத்தகையாளர்/ குடியிருப்பவர்
1. Bipan Chandra - History of Modern India, Orient Blackswan Private Limited 2018.
2. R.C.Majumdar - An Advance History of IndiaMacmillan and Co., Limited London 1953.
3.Vincent .A.Smith - The Oxford History of India - From the Earliest Times to the end of 1911 – 1919 – Oxford At The Clarendon press
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.