Algorithmic Problem Solving
Specification and Abstraction
Choose the Best Answer
1. Which of the following activities is algorithmic in nature?
(a) Assemble a bicycle.
(b) Describe a bicycle.
(c) Label the parts of a bicycle.
(d) Explain how a bicycle works.
2. Which of the following activities is not algorithmic in nature?
(a) Multiply two numbers.
(b) Draw a kolam.
(c) Walk in the park.
(d) Braid the hair.
3. Omitting details inessential to the task and representing only the essential features of the task is known as
4. Stating the input property and the as :-output relation a problem is known
5. Ensuring the input-output relation is
(a) the responsibility of the algorithm and the right of the user.
(b) the responsibility of the user and the right of the algorithm.
(c) the responsibility of the algorithm but not the right of the user.
(d) the responsibility of both the user and the algorithm.
6. If i = 5 before the assignment i := i-1 after the assignment, the value of i is
7. If 0 < i before the assignment i := i-1 after the assignment, we can conclude that
(a) 0 < i
(b) 0 ≤ i
(c) i = 0
(d) 0 ≥i