![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Characteristics of Delegation of Authority
1. Delegation takes place when a manager grants some of his power to subordinates.
2. Delegation occurs only when the person delegating the authority himself has that authority i.e. a manager must possess what he wants to delegate.
3. Only a part of authority is delegated to subordinates.
4. A manager delegating authority can reduce, enhance or take it back. He exercises full control over the activities of the subordinates even after delegation.
5. Only the authority can be delegated and not the responsibility. A manager cannot abdicate responsibility by delegating authority to subordinates.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.