LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Appa weaves beautiful sarees with checks and patterns.
2. Veera thatha had made Math easy for Bala.
3. Nithin had many electrical toys.
4. Bala's home doesn't have electricity.
5. Nithin's mom said that Bala's father is a weaving magician.
B. Answer the questions.
1. What did Bala want to learn?
Bala wanted to learn things related to weaving.
2. How did Bala help Amma and sisters?
Bala helped Amma and sisters to roll, press and pack the sarees.
3. Why did Bala go to Chennai with his father?
Bala went to Chennai with his father to help him carry the sarees.
4. What did Bala teach Nithin?
Bala taught Nithin to spin using a spinning wheel.
5. What would you like to learn in school? why?
I would like to learn drawing because I want to become an artist.
LET US BUILD
Hey look! A truck is crossing.
Oh! But this is not a truck. This is a lorry.
I think, both words can be used.
Some words are used to indicate same thing.
Let us learn more words with similar meanings.
A. Let us learn a few more words by joining the dots.
Join the dots and fill the table below.
B. Write the words with same meaning.
eraser - rubber ; post - mail; dustbin - trashcan; purse - wallet;
tap - faucet; pants - trousers; chips - fries; queue - line;