Innumerable Bacteria are surrounding us even inside our body. As a representative of Bacteria, the structure and importance of Closteridium IS described here.
1. It is rod shaped and unicellular.
2. They live in the intestine of human being, other animal or even in soil. They are without photosynthetic pigments.
3. They are prokaryotic, i.e. there is no nuclear membrane and nucleolus in their cell .
4. There are flagella around the cell wall.
5. They are anaerobic, Gram positive and Spore producing.
Closteridium tetani is the causal bacteria of tetanus and Closteridium botulinum is the causal organism forbotulism(Food poisoning)
Structure : Deadly diseases of human being, like - Phthisis (Tuberculosis),Pneumonia, Typhoid, Cholera Diphtheria, Dysentery, Tetanus, H60ping cough, Meningitis etc are caused by different Bacteria. Besides Bacteria is also responsible for various plant diseases. Food putrification and food poisoning, water pollution and demannuring of soil etc. are also caused by Bacteria. Some antibiotics are prepared from Bacteria. Vaccines of Cholera, Typhoid, and Phthisis etc are also prepared from Bacteria. Besides Bacteria also perform the important works like; decomposition of rubbish, blending of tea, coffee, tobacco, 'preparation of butter, curd, cheese from milk, extractivn of Jute fibre, extraction of hairs from skin in tannery, preparation of some B-Vitamins, proper management of sewerage lines, and nitrogen fixation etc.