DISASTER MANAGEMENT: RESPONDING TO DISASTERS
II. Answer in brief
1. Who are the community's first responders to disaster?
Community's first responders to disaster :
• Police officers
• Fire fighters and
• Emergency Medical technicians
2. Though Japan has the densest seismic network Indonesia has the most number of earthquakes. Why?
Indonesia is in a very active seismic zone, also , but by virtue of its larger size than Japan, it has more total earthquakes.
3. How many males and females die per day due to fire in India?
• 21 males and 42 females die every day in India due to fire.
4. What should you do after Tsunami?
• Use a weather radio for updated emergency information.
• Give first aid for injured and trapped persons.
• Call professionals with the right equipment to help the people those who are in need to be rescued.