An advertisement is an audio or visual form of marketing communication to promote or sell a product, service or idea.
1. Name of the product / brand / outlet.
2. Address with contact information and websites.
3. Appealing Images (visuals) of the Product / Service / Idea to be advertised.
4. Target demographics / audience / customers.
5. Feel-Good discounts and offers.
6. Colourful Background.
7. Colourful and readable text.
8. Brief and catchy descriptions and benefits about the product.
9. Use borders and lines to organize.
1. Home appliances – Aadi Sale – 20-50% - Special Combo Offers – Muthusamy & Co., Raja Street, Gingee.
2. Mobile Galaxy – Smart phones – accessories – SIM cards – Recharge – Free Power banks on Mobile purchase – No.1, Toll gate, Trichy
A report is designed to lead people through the information in a structured way, and also to enable them to find the information that they want quickly and easily. It is a short, sharp, concise document which is written for a particular purpose and audience.
Format of a report.
Title of the report
❖ Report Writer’s name
❖ What…? (name of the event)
❖ When…? (day and time of the event)
❖ Where…? (venue of the event)
❖ Why…? (the purpose of the event)
❖ Who…? (Chief guest,)
❖ How…? (the details of the event like Program, its impact etc.)
❖ Use simple sentences in the Past Tense.
❖ Be brief.
❖ Do not exaggerate the event.
Annual Sports Day
By Charan, X - C
Government Higher Secondary School, Hosur, organized the Annual Sports Day on August 29, 2018. The event was to inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship and fondness for sports in children. Approximately 1,000 students participated in the track and field events. The program began with a prayer rendered by the school choir. Following this, the Headmaster delivered the welcome speech. The Sports Day was inaugurated by the Chief Guest, followed by march past, led by the school captain with a placard bearing the School’s name and motto. Then the much awaited track and field events began. As the events went by, the school campus reverberated with enthusiastic cheers from the spectators. Many new school level records were made in 50 metres, 100 metres, and 200 metres races. The merit and participation certificates were given away by the Chief Guest and Guests of Honour. In his speech, the Chief Guest praised the endeavours of the school. Then, the Headmaster proposed the vote of thanks. The event ended with the National Anthem.
1. ‘Educational Development Day’ was organized in your school on 15th July. The District Collector was the Chief Guest of the event. As part of the event, many competitions were held and the prizes were distributed to the winners and participants. It was a grand and successful event. Now, as the member of the organizing committee, write a report on the event in about 120 words.
15th July 2019
Government Higher Sec. School, Ponmalai organized the Educational Development Day on 15th July. The event was organized to stress the value of Education. Nearly 1500 students participated. The Programme consisted of many interesting events. The District Collector was the chief Guest of the event. He was welcomed by our Head Master. Many students participated in the competitions and proved their mettle. The District Collector delivered chief guest address to the students. Prizes were also distributed to the winners and participants. It was a grand success. Vote of thanks was proposed by the school pupil leader. Finally the programme ended with the National Anthem.
2. You are the School Pupil Leader. You have been asked to write a report on the Inaugural Ceremony of English Literary Association of your school which was held recently. Write a report on the same in not more than 120 words.
Inaugural Ceremony of English Literary Association
Mahendra Varman R
16th June 2019
Government Higher Sec. School, Aarani organized Inaugural Ceremony of English Literary Association on 15th June. It was held under the presidentship of Prof.R.Karuna. Members of the Association were elected. Students displayed their histrionic talents at the meeting. All the spectators enjoyed the events a lot. The teachers of the English Department and the Headmistress guided the students to conduct the events properly. At last the programme came to an end with the vote of thanks and the National Anthem.
3. You are the Coordinator of the Science Forum of your school. An event had been organized on account of National Science Day for the members of the forum. Now, write a report on the observation of “National Science Day” at your school.
National Science Day was organised by the Science Forum of Government Higher Secondary School, Nanguneri. The Head of the Department of Physics Mr.Ezilarasan was the chief guest. All the members of the forum participated with full vigour. Lot of exhibits were displayed by the students of all classes. Not only students but also the parents provided their full support and participated in the programme. It was really an occasion to bring out the hidden talents of the students.
Our Headmistress delivered welcome speech .Our chief guest was much impressed by the performance of our students and conveyed his appreciation. He also guided the students for further course of action in his enlightening speech. Atlast the vote of thanks was delivered by me as the coordinator of the Science Forum.The programme came to a halt with the National Anthem.