Trip to Ooty
groups. Look at the pictures. Describe them.
1. A family enjoys boat
riding. There are two children. Their father and mother are with them. The boat
man is rowing the boat. The boat has just started leaving the shore.
2. A group of school children
have come on a picnic. They are in their uniforms. Both boys and girls are seen
in the picture. They are walking about and playing.
3. It is a park. A family
is seen there. The father and the son are playing with a ball. The mother pours
tea into the cup. The daughter receives the tea cup from her mother.
4. It is a beach. There is a temple close to it. Children are seen there. Some are sitting or lying on the sand. A little boy walks with his parents holding the hand of his father.
the following questions in pairs and share your ideas with the class.
1. Where would you like to go for a picnic?
I would like to go to Kodaikanal for a picnic.
2. Would you like to go with your friends or parents?
I would like to go with my parents.
3. How do you prepare yourself for a picnic?
I would take extra clothes, towels, blankets, sweaters,
soap and toothpaste etc. with me. I would also take my camera, binoculars, notebook
and pen. I would put on my shoes and cap. I would also take some snacks with me.
4. Why do we arrange educational trip in schools?
Educational trips help us to know a lot about other people,
their places and their customs. We visit important tourist spots. We learn the historical
background of those places. We are happy and thrilled to see strange people and