* Know the meaning of diversity
* Understand the existence of diversity in India
* Develop a healthy attitude towards others around you
* Understand the differences in the belief systems of people
* Know to accept and respect the unity in diversity
Take a look around your class. Do you see any of your classmates who look similar? Look at the table.
From the below table, we understand that the three students are different from one another. This shows that people speak different languages, eat different kinds of food, celebrate their own festivals and practice a culture different from one another. Similarly, people who live in different parts of our country differ in their ways of life. These differences make us unique as Indians. We come from different backgrounds, belong to different cultures, worship in different ways, yet we live together. This is known as diversity.