LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Choose the correct option.
1. Vicky wanted a ___________ to do all his work.
Answer: c. robot
2. Vicky's father bought a ___________ robot.
Answer: b. trick
3. Vicky decided to ___________ the robot at the end.
Answer: b. sell
4. Robot asked Vicky to sell him to an ___________ master.
Answer: b. active
B. Read the statement and write True or False.
1. Vicky pleaded his father to buy a robot. (True)
2. Vicky was an active boy always. (False)
3. The robot did not obey his master. (True)
4. Vicky’s father decided to change his son’s character. (True)
C. Answer the questions.
1. What kind of a boy was Vicky?
Vicky was a lazy boy. He never did his homework on time.
2. Who asked the Robot to charge his phone?
Vicky asked the Robot to charge his phone.
3. Whom did Vicky want to do all his work?
Vicky wanted the Robot to do all his work.
4. How did Vicky change at the end?
In the end Vicky decided to do all the work himself. So he wanted to sell the Robot.
5. What did you learn from this lesson?
We should do our work ourselves. We should not depend on others to do our work.
D. Match the dialogue to the character.
"I will do all the work myself."
"First, you charge my battery."
"I have bought you a robot."
E. Name the character or speaker.
1. "The robot will do all your work." (Father)
2. "Why don't you do that yourself?" (Robot)
3. "You want me to strain my back?" (Robot)
4. "Play me a pleasant song." (Vicky)
LET US BUILD
A naming word which is used for one person or thing is called singluar. Example: Bat
More than one (Plural)
A naming word which denotes more than one person or thing is called plural. Example: Bats
Some tips to change singular to plural
• Simply add s.
Cup - Cups, Ball - Balls
• Add es for the naming words ending with ch, sh, s, ss and x.
Torch - Torches, Brush - Brushes, Bus - Buses, Glass - Glasses, Box - Boxes
• Simply add s, if any one of a, e, i, o, u comes before y.
Key - Keys, Toy - Toys
• Change the y into ies, if any one of a, e, i, o, u does not come before y.
Lady - Ladies, Baby - Babies
Tick (✓) the correct plural form.
Write the plural form.
1. Cat Cats
2. Watch Watches
3. Dish Dishes
4. Cherry Cherries