A. Choose the correct answer.
1. Anitha shares her experience about _____________.
a. book fair
c. robot expo
d. dance program
Answer: c. robot expo
2. The robot that sat on her shoulder was a ___________.
Answer: b. butterfly
3. Anitha's friends wanted a ________ robot in their houses.
Answer: c. cook
4. Brain of a robot is the __________.
b. mechanical part
Answer: a. controller
5. A robot advised her to ___________.
a. keep silence
b. use dustbin
c. don’t spit
d. wash hands
Answer: b. use dustbin
B. Answer the following questions.
1. Where did Anitha go?
Anitha went to the 'ROBOT EXPO'
2. What did Anitha eat in the expo?
Anitha ate an omelette in the expo.
3. What are the three parts of a robot?
The three parts of a robot are (i) the controller (ii) the mechanical parts and (iii) the sensor.
4. What are mechanical parts?
Mechanical parts are the parts that will help the robot move.
5. What robot will you make? Why?
I will make a cooking robot because it will cook anything i Like.
LET US READ ALOUD
Read the passage three times on your own and colour a key each time you read.
On Monday, the robot has to help its master get ready. It wakes up its master and offers a cup of tea. It prepares breakfast. Then it irons his dress and packs lunch for the master. The master has been searching for the car key for a long time. Finally, he finds it in the lunch box. The robot replies, "I kept the key safely."
Arrange the pictures by using numbers.
Answer the following.
1. What day is it? It is Monday
2. Where is the key? The key is in the lunch box.
LET US WRITE
Note to the teacher: Make the children
fill the application and teach the difference between writing name and
signature. Prepare another application for participating in a robot expo for
I Can Do
A. Choose the correct option.
1. Vicky's dad bought a _________ robot.
Answer: c. trick
2. Vicky decided to ________ the robot at the end.
Answer: b. sell
B. Tick (✔) the plural forms.
C. Write the plural word.
1. Catch Catches
2. Berry Berries
D. Connect the rhyming words.
Strong - tall
call - sack
back - along
Strong - along
call - tall
back - sack
E. Recite the poem 'My Robot' with correct intonation.
F. Circle/underline the odd one out.
1. city boy book Chennai
2. Karikalan Paari Kumaran king
3. boy girl man Pooja
4. mango banana fruit apple
5. cow tiger lion animal
Now I can...
understand the prose and supplementary
use singular and plural
differentiate between common and proper nouns
listen and respond to the audio
speak to buy things in any shop
read a passage and sequence the story
fill an application form
recite poem and identify the rhyming words
Note to the teacher: Ask children to colour the balloon when they achieve the learning outcome.