Prepare a formal five minute speech on the topic ‘The Importance of Education’ and deliver it at your School Assembly.
Good morning, every one of you.
I am Mahendra Varman, Std XII, A section. 1 am thankful to our HM for giving me this opportunity to address you. The topic is Importance of Education.
At present, education is important. It has various advantages.
1. First and foremost with education you can get a job and earn your livelihood to save your family.
2. Secondly education gives you knowledge of the world— geographical, historical and social particulars and your knowledge expands.
3. Thirdly, wc learn about our great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sir Vallavabai Patel, Dr.Radhakrislman, Kamarajar and Abdul Kalam. And this knowledge prepares us to serve our country and make sacrifices for the welfare of our society.
4. Fourthly, education teaches against superstitions. For example in a village some uneducated people were about to kill buffaloes as sacrifice to the temple god. But, suddenly a few educated people went there, argued with the uneducated people and stopped the sacrifice and saved the life of buffaloes.
5. Education teaches high morals and universal brotherhood.
Conclusion: Thus education is important. I thank the HM and the teachers. I thank all the students for their patient listening.