G.You are the President of GO GREEN, the Environment Club
of your school. On the occasion of World Environment Day, you have been asked
to address the school on the topic, ‘The Nature of Our Future Depends on the
Future of Our Nature’.
* To speak to a large gathering, convincingly
and persuasively, to convert the listener’s view to your point of view
* To pass on a wide range of information
* To express an opinion, view, experience,
HOW TO DELIVER YOUR SPEECH
* Divide your speech into three parts:
introduction, body and conclusion.
* Start with salutation. Greet your chief
guests, audience, fellow speakers and other invitees.
* Begin your speech with a catchy introduction
in the form of an anecdote, thought provoking question or statistical data.
* Express your views and give reasons for the
stand you take.
* Convey thoughts and ideas with clarity.
* Be factually accurate and present a balanced
* Provide supporting data to prove your points.
* Make your speech interesting by adding
elements of humour.
* Use language that is easily understood. Keep
sentences short and simple.
* Sum up your ideas; give suggestions/remedies
to improve the situation.
* Thank the audience and organizers.
* Do not be
aggressive in manner, words or gestures.
* Be neither rude and offensive nor meek and
Enunciate your words clearly. Maintain a normal
volume. Do not scream into the mic.
A sample speech is given below.
Greeting: Good morning, esteemed Chief Guest, the Head Master, teachers, dear friends and invitees. I am Shobha, Secretary of GO GREEN, the Environment Club of our school. Today, I stand before you to share my views on the topic.
Introducing Topic: Stopping pollution is the best solution
Introduction with a shocking observation: We humans have always deceived ourselves by thinking that someone else will save our planet. Can you imagine…for the past 200 years we have been conquering nature, and now…we are beating it to death by constantly polluting it. The Earth is not dying, it is being killed and the people who are killing it have names and addresses.
Factors and causes: All the human actions in this modern world directly impact the whole ecosystem.
Deforestation, vehicularpollution, urbanisation, biodiversity, E-waste, Factory waste and air pollutions are factors and causes.
Measures or steps: Because of over-population, the number of various chemical elements is increasing in the atmosphere which ultimately or steps causes irregular rainfall and global warming. And who is responsible?
Summing up : We are responsible to protect our environment. We must not expect others to do something for it. Let us join hands to save our earth and keep it green.
Let us do our bit. Let us walk or cycle to our work
Let us not use plastic bags. Let us all keep our surroundings
clean and plant at least one tree.
Thanking: It is a rare opportunity to speak on environmental protection. My special thanks to one and all for you have made a vow to care our earth and to make it live so that we can live happily and safely.