![if !IE]> <![endif]>
G.You are the President of GO GREEN, the Environment Club of your school. On the occasion of World Environment Day, you have been asked to address the school on the topic, ‘The Nature of Our Future Depends on the Future of Our Nature’.
* To speak to a large gathering, convincingly and persuasively, to convert the listener’s view to your point of view
* To pass on a wide range of information
* To express an opinion, view, experience, observation etc.
HOW TO DELIVER YOUR SPEECH
* Divide your speech into three parts: introduction, body and conclusion.
* Start with salutation. Greet your chief guests, audience, fellow speakers and other invitees.
* Begin your speech with a catchy introduction in the form of an anecdote, thought provoking question or statistical data.
* Express your views and give reasons for the stand you take.
* Convey thoughts and ideas with clarity.
* Be factually accurate and present a balanced view.
* Provide supporting data to prove your points.
* Make your speech interesting by adding elements of humour.
* Use language that is easily understood. Keep sentences short and simple.
* Sum up your ideas; give suggestions/remedies to improve the situation.
* Thank the audience and organizers.
* Do not be aggressive in manner, words or gestures.
* Be neither rude and offensive nor meek and mild.
* Enunciate your words clearly. Maintain a normal volume. Do not scream into the mic.
A sample speech is given below.
Greeting: Good morning, esteemed Chief Guest, the Head Master, teachers, dear friends and invitees. I am Shobha, Secretary of GO GREEN, the Environment Club of our school. Today, I stand before you to share my views on the topic.
Introducing Topic: Stopping pollution is the best solution
Introduction with a shocking observation: We humans have always deceived ourselves by thinking that someone else will save our planet. Can you imagine…for the past 200 years we have been conquering nature, and now…we are beating it to death by constantly polluting it. The Earth is not dying, it is being killed and the people who are killing it have names and addresses.
Factors and causes: All the human actions in this modern world directly impact the whole ecosystem.
Deforestation, vehicularpollution, urbanisation, biodiversity, E-waste, Factory waste and air pollutions are factors and causes.
Measures or steps: Because of over-population, the number of various chemical elements is increasing in the atmosphere which ultimately or steps causes irregular rainfall and global warming. And who is responsible?
Summing up : We are responsible to protect our environment. We must not expect others to do something for it. Let us join hands to save our earth and keep it green.
Let us do our bit. Let us walk or cycle to our work places/school.
Let us not use plastic bags. Let us all keep our surroundings clean and plant at least one tree.
Thanking: It is a rare opportunity to speak on environmental protection. My special thanks to one and all for you have made a vow to care our earth and to make it live so that we can live happily and safely.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.