![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Sense organs are like the windows to the outside world. There are five sense organs in our body such as eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin. They make us aware of our surroundings. We are able to see, hear, smell, taste and feel, only through sense organs.
Eyes help us to see things around us i.e., their colour, shape, size whether they are near or far, moving or at rest. The eyelids and eyelashes keep the eyes safe. The eye has three main parts namely cornea, iris and pupil.
Ears help to hear and differentiate sounds around us. The ears also help us in maintaining the balance of the body when we are walking, running or climbing. The ear has three major parts, the outer ear, the middle ear and the inner ear. The outer ear in human beings is made up of an external flap called pinna.
Skin is the largest sense organ as it covers the whole body. The skin helps to feel the things around us by touching, that is whether they are hot or cold, smooth or rough, dry or wet, hard or soft. Skin covers the body and protects it from germs. It also keeps the body moist and regulates the body temperature.
Functions of the skin
1. Skin forms an effective barrier against infection by microbes and pathogens.
2. Skin helps us to synthesize vitamin D using sunlight.
Take Care of Your Sense organs
* Do not read in very bright or very dim light and also in moving vehicle.
* Avoid exposing eyes to screens of television, computer, laptop and cell phone for a long time.
* Do not rub your eyes harshly.
* Wash your eyes gently with clean water, two or three times a day.
* Ears should be protected from hard blows.
* One should never try to prick ears with toothpicks or hairpins, which are dangerous practices because it may puncture the ear drum and cause ear infection.
* One should bath at least once a day to keep skin clean and fresh.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.