Points to Remember
* The skeletal system gives shape to the body and protects the soft internal organs.
* There are three types of muscles – skeletal muscle (voluntary), smooth muscle (involuntary) and cardiac muscle.
* Circulatory system constitutes the heart, blood vessels and blood.
* Diaphragm – A large flat muscle forming the floor at the chest cavity.
* Digestion is the process of breaking complex food into simple and soluble substances.
* Brain is protected by the skull. It has three parts – cerebrum, cerebellum and medulla oblongata.
* The sense organs are Eyes, Ears, Nose, Tongue and Skin.
Human Organ systems
Through this activity you will be able to understand the organ system of the human body.
Step 1: Use the given URL in the browser. ‘The human body systems page will open. Select any human organ system from the list given to explore.
Step 2: In the activity window the selected organ system will appear, you can zoom it by scrolling the mouse wheel or by clicking the + icon given.
Step 3: The multiple layers of the organ system can be increased or decreased by scroll over the ' Layers" button given..
Step 4: You can view a particular organ of a system by zooming over or by selecting the organ from the list given in the description below the activity window.
The human body systems URL:
*Pictures are indicative only