A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Every year the children visit the grand parents in their native village.
2. At the end of the festival , Kamali and senthil saved some money.
3. Savings is done after fulfilling the basic needs.
4. Senthil bought a camera from his savings.
5. Kamali gave her savings to her father.
B. Answer the following questions.
1. What did the children buy with money they have?
Rajan and Mala spent the money on sweets and toys. Jayan and Kavery bought many items of food.
2. What did the grandfather announce?
Grandfather said that the children should save the money and use it purposefully.
3. What happened to Jayan?
Jayan got sick due to food poisoning on the second day.
4. What did Kamali get as gift?
Kamali got a brand new flute as gift.
5. What will you do with your savings?
With my saving I will buy a dictionary.
LET US READ ALOUD
Read the passage three times on your own. Colour a Piggy bank each time you read.
Piggy bank is a coin box used by children. The real use of a piggy bank is to store coins. Piggy banks look like pigs. They come in many shapes and sizes. In Tamil, they are known as Hundial. It is a red, mud pot. We can drop the coins into the pot. Once the pot is full, we must break the pot and use the coins. Start saving with your hundial today!
1. Hundial is an earthen pot.
2. Mostly piggy banks looks like pigs.
The main idea of the passage is to save
a. to buy a piggy bank.
b. to save .
LET US WRITE
This month you have managed to save Rs. 100 from your pocket money. Fill out the challan to deposit it in your Savings Account at the post office.
Fill up the withdrawal form to withdraw Rs.200 from your Savings Account.
Note to the teacher: Make the children fill more forms for their port folio.
I Can Do
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Moles dig tunnels to catch worms.
2. Leaf cutter ants drink leaf sap.
3. Kamali gave her savings to her father.
B. Join the word with the correct prefix.
paid send able continue
un dis re pre
Answer: prepaid resend unable discontinue
C. Write the rhyming word.
1. save - gave.
2. countries - pantries.
3. larder - starter.
D. Recite the poem with correct intonation.
E. Write the words given in the bracket in correct tenses.
1. I saw (see) him accidently.
2. We moved (move) back to city yesterday.
3. Rani will meet (meet) Rita tomorrow.
F. Write the past form of the verbs.
run – ran
eat – ate
swim - swam
Now I can...
use prefix to make new words.
Identify and use simple past tense and simple future tense.
speak in a bank to deposit money.
fill a pay- in slip and withdrawal slip.
understand the prose and supplementary.
recite poem and identify the rhyming words.
listen and understand an advertisement.
read a passage and understand and it.
Note to the teacher: Ask children to colour the balloon when they achieve the learning outcome.