LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Say whether the statements are True or False.
1. Amir left the tap opened earlier. (TRUE)
2. Amir switched off the fan when he walked out. (FALSE)
3. Moles trap worms and store them. (TRUE)
4. Leafcutter ants grow fungus. (TRUE)
5. Amir realised his mistakes. (TRUE)
B. Choose the correct option.
1. Moles dig ___________ to catch worms.
a. worm trap
Answer: b. tunnel
2. Leafcutter ants can carry leaves that weigh _______ times of their body weight.
Answer: b. twenty
3. Moles bite and ___________ the worms.
Answer: c. paralyze
4. Leafcutter ants drink ___________.
a. leaf sap
Answer: a. leaf sap
5. Humans give importance to save ___________.
Answer: b. money
C. Answer the questions.
1. Why should we close the tap after using it?
Water is a natural resource. We should not waste it. We should save it for the future generation. So we should close the tap after using it.
2. Where do the moles save their food?
The moles save their food in the tunnels.
3. Why do the leafcutter ants grow the fungus?
The leafcutter ants grow the fungus to feed their babies with it.
4. List the things that humans should save.
We should save water, food, electricity, forest and fuel.
5. What are things that we can save? Why should we save them?
We can save water, food, electricity, forest and fuel. Once we use them up they become exhausted. We cannot make them again easily. So we should save them for the future generations.
LET US BUILD
Hi friends, I am here to show my magic tricks.
Let us see how to use un, re, dis, and pre.
Like this we can join many words together to form new words.
A prefix is a letter combination that is fixed at the beginning of the word. The prefixes add new meaning to the word.
un: unwanted unfortunate
re : rewrite repaint
dis: dislike dispose
pre: prepaid preschool
A. Match the following and write the new word.
1. pre - continue discontinue.
2. dis - familiar unfamiliar.
3. un - open reopen.
4. re - view preview.
B. Tick (✔) the correct prefix and write the new word.
C. Add a prefix to each word so it matches the new definitions.
Prefix: un, re, dis, pre
word: lucky, check, view, approve
1. Make sure the things are correct recheck.
2. A person who got no luck unlucky.
3. Do not approve disapprove.
4. A chance to view before preview.