* Know about the electrical safety
for the danger or accident
* Haste / urgency
* Carelessness / Negligence
* Lack of awareness
* Indifference / Contempt
* Violation of rules
* Lack of formal training
* Not following safety measures
In our lives, there are accidents caused by fire, water, vehicles, electricity, toxic organisms, sharp
weapons and glassware, pesticides etc.
‘Fire is the man‛s
Fire can create and destroy the things.
* Fire is used in many ways in our everyday life.
We should handle it carefully.
for fire accidents
Fire accidents can occur in the following ways:
* Crackers and explosives
* Electrical short circuit
* Leakage in gas cylinders
* Highly inflammable things like kerosene
How the forest fire occurs?
• The bamboo trees when they forcefully cross each other
makes forest fire.
• When the people leave the fire in the forest after using
to avoid fire accidents
1. We should handle the highly inﬂammable things carefully.
2. The person who cooks can wear cotton clothes.
Some types of clothes can easily catch ﬁre.
3. We should close the cylinder valve after
4. Don’t play with ﬁre.
5. We should be cautious and careful while bursting
crackers and elders should be with us when we burst crackers.
Have you ever
seen it? If yes, where have you seen it?
• Yes. I have seen in my school
to do during a fire accident?
2. Execute ﬁre warning system in buildings.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with wet cloth when
the smoke spreads.
4. Use a sack to put off the ﬁre when it spreads
over the body of someone. Bring the person to any airy place.
your clothes get fire:
* You shouldn’t run.
Drop down and roll on the ground.
(If you run, the ﬁre will spread rapidly)
To inform any fire
accident, Dial “101”
should you not do?
* Don’t prick it with sharp things like needles.
(If you prick it, it will infect the burn)
Let us write
How fire is used in our daily life?
• Fire is used for cooking.
• Fire is used to melt the Dhar for making Road.
• Fire is used to make ornaments from gold.
• To burn waste materials.
• To burn candle and incense stick in our home.
• To get light in our home.
‘Water is the elixir of life‛
Water is very
important in our daily life.
If we violate
the safety rules while bathing in lake, river, waterfalls and sea, accidents
Have you ever bathed in lake or river? If yes, with
whom did you go?
Yes, I took bath in a river with my father.
Whenever we take bath in river or pond, we should
go with elders. Only if we know to
swim we should go for a bath in a river or a pond.
1. We should not go alone to bath in water bodies.
2. Do not step into the stagnant pond.
3. Do not go beyond the danger zone.
4. Do not peep into the well. It may be deep and
5. We have to wear life jacket when we travel in
Electricity has become a necessity for our lives.
Times have changed these days that things don’t function without electricity.
It is used in houses, factories and other work places. Accidents occur when we
use it carelessly.
1. Do not
touch switches, plugs or electrical wires with wet hand.
2. Do not touch the iron box and other electrical
appliances when they are switched on.
3. Do not play near electrical towers or
4. Do not climb on electrical posts.
5. Do not insert stick or any other objects into
the switch boxes.
6. Do not go near the wires or electrical posts
Let us write
Write the names of the electrical appliances use in
We should not pour water to extinguish the ﬁre
caused by electrical short circuit.
We must be very careful while traveling on any
road. The number of vehicles going on the road is increasing. Most of the
accidents are caused by carelessness.
signals for vehicles
Red : stop
Yellow : Get ready
Green : Go
* Follow trafﬁc rules.
* We must follow the signals of trafﬁc police.
* Do not rush on the road.
* We should wear seat belt when we travel in a car.
* We should wear helmet while riding a two wheeler.
Wear helmet. Save your life.
* Always walk on the pavement.
* Do not play on the road.
* We should look at the colours of the signal while
crossing the road.
signs for the pedestrians
Red : Stop
Green : Go
1. Have you ever seen these signs?
2. Where did you see?
Infront of my school.
When crossing the road if there is no traffic signal, we have to look at the
right, left and right again.
Pedestrians should cross the road only at the zebra crossing.
The black and white lines of zebra crossing
resembles the skin of zebra.
Let us obey rules !
Let us write
Write down the slogans of awareness which you have
listened while travelling.
• Don't drink and drive.
• Keep the rules. Rules will keep you safe.
• Wear helmet always while riding vehicles.
• Stop. Get ready. Go.
There is a traffic
park for children in Birla Planetarium in Chennai.
It is a park in which we can learn the rules of the
road. One of the intentions of this park is to improve awareness of trafﬁc
safety among school children. There we can learn trafﬁc rules easily.
Are there such trafﬁc parks in your area?
No. But I have seen in the T.V. advertisement.
safe from Toxic organisms
Pesticides are used to kill insects in our home. We shouldn’t
touch these Pesticides. They are very dangerous.
caused by toxic organisms
* Causes skin redness and itching.
* Causes inﬂammation of skin. (Inﬂammation occurs
in places like eye lid, Ears and lips.)
* Causes headache, vomiting and giddiness.
* Do not go near
* Keep the house and surroundings clean.
The people who work in plantation can apply the
mixture of sesame and parafﬁn oils. If they do so, the insects won’t bite.
and Sharp weapons
* Handle the glasswares and sharp weapons carefully.
* They may cause
* “Our life is precious” If we want to live a
healthy life without pain, we need to be cautious.
* Let us, obey the safety rules and live without pain.