I. Choose the correct answer:-
Answer: c) village
3. The lower level of the three tier system is ----------- panchayat.
4. Who elects the vice president of the Panchayat?
5. The tenure of the members of the Panchayat is ---------------
a. 15 years
b. 10 years
c. 5 years
Answer: c) 5 years
1. Kudavolai - development of plan
2. Gram Panchayat - obligatory function
3. Planting trees - old system of election
4. Street lights - discretionary function
5. Gram Sabha - people above 500
1. Kudavolai - old system of election
2. Gram Panchayat - people above 500
3. Planting trees - discretionary function
4. Street lights - obligatory function
5. Gram Sabha - development of plan
III. Answer the following:-
Panchayat Raj in the three tier system. They are:
1. District Level:
District Panchayat (Zilla Parishad)
2. Block Level:
Panchayat Union (Mandal Parishad/Panchyat Samiti)
3. Village Level:
1. Providing electricity and maintaining the street lights.
2. Providing drinking water.
3. Setting up sewage channels.
1. Planting trees in either sides of roads.
2. Setting up and maintenance of public markets,
3. Setting up and maintenance of play ground.
5. When is the Gram Sabha meeting held?
* Panchayat Raj is the three tier system.
* Gram Sabha meeting must be held at least four times a year.
The following dates are:
26th January, 1st – May, 15th - August, 2nd -October
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Write the facilities which you get from your Panchayat.
• We get good drinking water facilities.
• We get good road and gardens in our village.
• Maintaining the village wells.
• Setting and maintaining the village library.
• We get good electricity facilities.
• Providing and maintaining sanitation facilities.
• Setting up sewage channels.
• Setting up and maintenance of play grounds.
• Setting up and maintenance of public market.
Let us answer
1. Write the name of your village panchayat president?
The name of my village panchayat president is Mr. Mahendra Varman.
2. How many ward members are there in your village panchayat?
There are twenty four ward members in my village panchayat.
Let us do
Select your class leader using the Kudavolai system.
• I tell all the students in my class to write the name of a student in a piece of paper whom they want to elect as a class leader.
• Then whoever gets the maximum number of voes gets elected as class leader.
No, There is no library in my village.
Yes, There is a small park in my village.
3. Is there a playground in your village?
Yes, There is a playground in my village.
Any awards received in your village?
Answer: My village has got "clean village" awards for this year.