RELEVANCE OF HOME SCIENCE IN IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE
The study of Home Science improves the quality of life of people through the following ways:
• Helps people lead a more satisfying personal, family and community life through the dissemination of knowl-edge and appreciation of cultural and spiritual values.
• Offers maximum opportunity to express one’s ability to understand and manage their resources and develop leadership qualities.
• Develops qualities needed for responsible citizenship.
• Helps student to recognise the importance of food in ensuring health.
• Teaches about food safety that needs to be adapted right from farm to fork,
• Imparts knowledge about healthy food preparation techniques.
• Provides practical tips in preparing a balanced diet.
• Enables one to make good decisions, sort out family problems and find out solutions for them.
• Provides necessary guidelines about entrepreneurship so as to help young students identify and pursue income generating activities.
• Gains technical knowledge and infor-mation from various branches of Home Science for both personal and professional use.