Rehabilitation focuses on the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families, in meeting their basic needs and ensuring for participation.
It is implemented through the combined efforts of people with disabilities, their families, organizations and communities, relevant government and non government agencies for providing other services the person requiring rehabilitation are:
1. Hearing impaired children
2. Visually impaired children
3. Physically impaired children and adult
4. Adults with chronic disabilities
Involve the community in the training programmes of the disabled
1. Go from house to house to locate and identify all the disabled members in the community
Find out which disabled members need training
1. Select training material from the manual for each disabled member who needs training
2. Improvised tool/equipment is needed for the disabled, e.g., Walker, Crutch, Shoes
3. For each disabled member who needs training, find and teach a family or community member to use the training packages and be the trainer.
4. Guide and supervise and motivate the trainers to continue the training of disabled members
5. Assess the progress made by each disabled member
6. Get the co operation of teachers for the training programmes of the disabled members
7. Select and refer disabled members who need other available services