* The public sector and the private sector are allotted their respective roles in promoting the economic welfare of all sections of the community.
* The sector, which is engaged in the activities of providing government goods and services to the general public is known as Public Sector.
* The Planning Commission was formed by a cabinet resolution in March 1950 and the Industrial Act was enacted in 1951 with the objective of empowering the government to take necessary steps to regulate industrial development.
* Socio-economic development is the process of social and economic development in a society.
* Statistical reveals in the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare shows that life expectancy in India is 65.80 years for men 68.33 years for women.
* The segment of a national economy that is owned, controlled and managed by private individuals or enterprises is known as Private sector.
1. Emphasized: Intensity or forcefulness of expression சொல்வன்மை
2. Accelerate: Cause to move faster விரைவுபடுத்துதல்
3. Disinvestment: To sell off certain assets such as a manufacturing plant, a division or subsidiary, or product line முதலீடுகளைத் திரும்பப் பெறுதல்
4. Debenture: A certificate or voucher acknowledging a debt கடனீட்டுப் பத்திரம்
5. Ensure: Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something உறுதிப்படுத்து
6. Vulnerable: Capable of being wounded or hurt பாதிக்கக்கூடிய
1. Dhaat and Sundaran - Indian Economy
2. Sankaran - Indian Economy
3. Dwett - Indian Economy
* india’s industries related websites