![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Festival of harvest
Celebrations at its best
Festival of Light
To our heart’s delight
Festival of Dance
Leaves us in a trance
Festival of Music
Where they sing the joyous lyric Festival of flowers
That brightens up with colours
Festival of decorated cars
That twinkle like the stars
Festival of Love
That spreads treasures on a tree,
To share the word from above
That makes us happy and free.
Festival of sacrifice
To unfurl the joy of giving,
Celebrate them well and nice
To make life worth living.
1. (a) festival of Light is the festival which fills our hearts with delight.
(b) The joy of giving is referred to as a festival of sacrifice.
2. What kind of joy is unfurled during the festival of sacrifice?
The Joy of giving is unfurled during the
festival of sacrifice.
3. How can we make our life worth living?
We can celebrate the festivals well and nice and
make our life worth living.
4. What does the poet mean by ‘Festival of flowers’?
Since it is decorated with colourful flowers, it
is called as festival of flowers.
5. When are we in a state of trance?
We are in a state of trance, during festival
6. What do the people do when the festival of Music is celebrated?
The people sing the joyous lyric, when the
festival of music is celebrated.
7. What makes us happy and free, according to the poet?
According to the poet, festival of love makes us
happy and free.
8. Find out the rhyme scheme employed in the fourth stanza.
a b a b
9. Pick out the rhyming words from the first stanza of the poem.
harvest-best, light-delight, dance-trance, music
- lyric, flowers- colours
10. Write down the words that alliterate in the poetic lines below.
(a) Festival of Flowers - Festival Flowers (Sound is alliterated)
(b) That spreads treasures on a tree - Treasures, tree (T sound is alliterate)
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.