Mineral Resources (Term 3 Chapter 2 | 3rd Social Science)
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. The metal inside the wires are made up of ________ .
Answer: c) Copper
2. ________ is used for making jewels.
Answer: c) Gold
3. Which mineral is used as fertilizer ?
a) Zinc Oxide
c) Iron ore
Answer: b) Potash
4. Zinc is found in ________ .
Answer: c) Fish
5. Which mineral is used in Aircraft making industry?
Answer: b) Bauxite
II. Match the following.
1. Bauxite - Railway tracks
2. Iron Ore - Copper
3. Zinc oxide - Aluminium
4. Metal Wires - Soap
5. Potash - Rubber products
1. Bauxite - Aluminium
2. Iron Ore - Railway tracks
3. Zinc oxide - Rubber products
4. Metal Wires - Copper
5. Potash - Soap
III. Answer the following.
1. Name some minerals found on theearth.
Copper, Iron, Cold, Bauxite, Zinc and Potash
2. Name some minerals that areconductors of electricity.
3. Write few uses of Copper.
Copper is used in computers, television, mobile phones and other electronic devices.
4. Give a short note on Iron ore.
Iron ore is mainly used to produce iron. Iron is used to make vehicles and buildings.
5. Why Zinc is called the essential trace element?
Zinc is called the essential trace element because very small amount of zinc is necessary for human health.
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Stick the pictures of mining projects like Bauxite / Lignite.
There are a lot of mining projects running in Tamil Nadu to get resources like Bauxite, Lignite, Granite, Graphite, Limestone, Titanium and Magnesite
Let us write
Fill in the blanks.
(Gold, Iron, Copper)
Coal, Petroleum and Natural Gas are called Fossil fuels. Iron, Copper, Bauxite, Gold, Silver and others are called Mineral resources.
Think Are there any minerals available in your district? What are they?
Let us do
Find the missing piece of the Aircraft.