Family ( Term 1 Chapter 1 | 3rd Social Science )
I. Choose the correct answer:-
1. The basic unit of the society is -------------
Answer: c) family
Answer: b) shelter
3.Only father mother and children live together is called ------------
a) small family
b) big family
c) joint family
Answer: c) small family
b) celebrating festivals
c) going to temple
Answer: a) Hospitality
Answer: c) budget
II. Match the following:-
1. Character -should live in unity
2. Sharing work - uncle
3. Maternal relation - vegetable vendors
4. Outsiders - improve relationships
5. Neighbours – respect
1. Character -respect
2. Sharing work -should live in unity
3. Maternal relation - uncle
4. Outsiders - vegetable vendors
5. Neighbours- improve relationships
III. True or False:-
5. Simplicity is the best policy for every family.(True)
IV. Answer the following:-
1. Write the types of families.
Small, Large, Joint family.
2. What do you mean by joint family?
Two or three generations live together. They are called joint family.
3. What are the values that we learn from our family?
Affection, Respect, Protection, Sharing and caring.
4. Who are our neighbours?
Many families live near our home, we call them neighbours.
5. Write a note on ‘Budget’.
Budget is important for family. Income and expenditure must act according to the Budget that income exceeds expenditure.
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Prepare your family budget on the basis of the table given below and put a tick at the right place.
* Income and Expenditure are same [ ]
* Income is more than expenditure[✔]
* Income is lesser than expenditure [ ]
Let us write
List the names of your Maternal relations and Paternal relations of your family.
Maternal Grand Father
Maternal Grand Mother
Paternal Grand Father
Paternal Grand Mother
Have you seen families having two or three generations living together in your area?
Answer: No, I have never seen such families having two or three generations living together in my area.
Let us write
How do you manage your things? Discuss with your friend.
• I use my things when ever I need.
• I always use them carefully.
• I use minimum things for my needs.
How do you call your relations?
1. Mother’s mother: Grand mother
2. Father’s father: Grand father
3. Father’s sister: Aunt
4. Mother’s brother: Uncle
How should you behave when the relations come?
• I welcome my relatives with love.
• I give water to welcome home.
• I converse some time with them.
• 1 spend my time with them.
Let us ﬁnd
Who Does That?
Cooking, Washing, Earn for the family, Going to shop, Sweep the floor, Switch off the lights and fans when not in use
Some families rearing pet animals like their family members.
Is there any pet animal in your house?
Yes, I have a dog as my pet animal.
Before buying any object, have you ever thought of its necessity?
Yes, I think about the necessity of the object, before I buy it.
How many members in your family earn for livelihood?
Answer: My father and mother both of the earn for our livelihood.
Do you save money?
Answer: Yes, I save little money which get from my parents.