Tamils Around the World ( Term 3 Chapter 1 | 4th Social Science )
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. One of the official languages of Sri Lanka is ____________.
Answer: c) Tamil
2. Modern Singapore was founded in ____________.
Answer: a) 1819
3. In ancient times, Kedah state in Malaysia connected with ____________ of Tamil Nadu by sea route.
Answer: b) Nagapattinam
4. Principal religion of Myanmar is ____________.
Answer: c) Buddhism
5. In the year ____________ British captured Mauritius.
Answer: a) 1810
II. Match the following.
1. Ananda temple - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles
2. Lieutenant-Governor - Ratu Joni
3. Thirukurali - Nagapattinam
4. Postal Museum - Myanmar
5. Ancient port – Mauritius
1. Ananda temple - Myanmar
2. Lieutenant Governor - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles
3. Thirukurali - Ratu Joni
4. Postal Museum - Mauritius
5. Ancient port - Nagapattinam
III. Write true or false.
1. Pallava and Cholas influenced Malaysia. (True)
2. Fiji is a group of volcanic islands in the South Pacific. (True)
3. King Kyansittha is the son of King Anawrahta Minsaw. (False)
4. The Reunion island is a part of the French Overseas Department. (True)
5. Tamils are living only in Tamil Nadu. (False)
IV. Answer the following questions.
1. Describe the past relations between Tamil Nadu and Malaysia.
In ancient times, Tamils' ships reached the modem Malaysian state.
There was a trade relationship between Tamil country and Malaysia.
2. Write a note on Reunion island.
Reunion island is located in the Indian Ocean near Mauritius. It is a part of the French Overseas Department.
3. Name the countries in which Tamil is one of the official languages.
India, Sri Lanka, Singapore.
4. What were the contributions of Tamils in constructing the country Mauritius?
Tamils went to Mauritius as skilled labours and artisans to make that island suitable to live.
5. a. Which is one of the biggest Hindu festivals in Malaysia?
a. Thaipusam is one of the biggest Hindu festivals in Malaysia.
b. Who is the father of nation in Myanmar?
b. King Anawrahta Minsaw is the father of nation in Myanmar.
Stick picture of World Map.
Stick pictures of Tamil architecture found around the world in a chart.