![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Physical Features of Tamil Nadu ( Term 2 Chapter 2 | 4th Social Science )
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. Which wildlife sanctuary is located in Tamil Nadu?
a. Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary
b. Corbett national park
c. Sunderbans national park
d. Ranthambore national park
Answer: a) Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary
2. Western ghats and Eastern ghats meet at __________.
a. Aravalli range
b. Nilgiri hills
c. Himalayan range
d. Vidhyas range
Answer: b) Nilgiri hills
3. The topmost branches of trees form a chain called __________.
Answer: b) canopy
4. Tamil Nadu experiences __________.
a. extreme winters
b. highest rainfall
c. tropical climate
d. snow fall
Answer: c) tropical climate
5.__________ are found in the places where there is heavy rainfall.
a. Deciduous forests
b. Swamp forests
c. Evergreen forests
d. None of them
Answer: d) None of them
II. Match the following.
1. Mountain ranges in Tamil Nadu - Pamban bridge
2. Suruli waterfall - Western and Eastern ghats
3. India‛s first sea bridge -Theni
4. Pichavaram - Third longest in India
5. Tamil Nadu‛s coastline - Mangrove forest
1. Mountain ranges in Tamil Nadu - Western and Eastern ghats
2. Suruli waterfall - Theni
3. India‛s first sea bridge - Pamban bridge
4. Pichavaram - Mangrove forest
5. Tamil Nadu‛s coastline - Third longest in India
III. True or False.
1. Tamil Nadu is the eleventh largest state in India. (True)
2. Taml Nadu is located in the west of India.(False)
3. Kurunji flowers blossom once in 2 years.(False)
4. Tamil Nadu experiences hot and humid weather throughout the year.(True)
5. Deciduous forests do not shed leaves.(False)
IV. Answer in brief.
1. Name the states that Tamil Nadu shares boundary with.
• Andhra Pradesh on the North.
• Karanataka on the North west.
• Kerala on the west.
2. What are the different landscapes of Tamil Nadu?
The different landscapes of Tamil Nadu are 1. Mountains 2.Plateaus 3.Plains 4. Coast
3. What are the different plains in Tamil Nadu?
The different plains in Tamil Nadu are river plains and coastal plains
4. Name the waterfalls in Tamil Nadu.
Hogenakkal waterfalls, Courtallam waterfalls, Suruli waterfalls, Vattaparai waterfalls.
5. Describe the climate of Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu experiences tropical climate, hot and humid weather almost throughout the year with mild winter.
6. Differentiate evergreen forests and deciduous forests.
1. Do not shed their leaves in any season.
2. They are rain forests.
3. They are sensitive to temperatue.
1. Shed their leaves during the dry season.
2. They are monsoon forests.
3. They are sensitive to rainfall.
Mark the following features of Tamil Nadu on the map.
1. On the political map of India shade any two neighbouring States of Tamil Nadu.
2. Mark the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal on the map.
Try to Answer
1. Where do the Western ghats andEastern ghats meet ?
Answer: Nilgiri hills.
2. Name any two wildlife sanctuaries inthe Western ghats of Tamil Nadu.
Answer: Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary, Indira Gandhi wildlife
On the district map of Tamil Nadu shade any three coastal districts of Tamil Nadu.
Try to Answer
1. Name some important rivers in Tamil Nadu.
Answer: Palar, Cheyyar, Pennar, Vellar, Cauvery, Vaigai and Thamirabarani.
2. Where is Courtallam waterfalls located?
Answer: Courtallam waterfalls is located in Tenkasi.
Try to Answer
1. During which months does the State receive rain fall from South West monsoon?
Answer: June to September
2. Describe the weather of Tamil Naduin a sentence.
Answer: Tamil Nadu experiences hot and humid weather almost throughout the year with mild winter.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.