![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Municipality and Corporation ( Term 1 Chapter 3 | 4th Social Science )
I. Fill in the blanks.
1. The oldest Corporation of Tamil Nadu is Chennai.
2. The father of local self government is Lord Rippon.
3. The word "Panchayat Raj" was first introduced by Mahatma Gandhi.
4. The Tenure of Municipality is five years.
II. Match the following.
1. Rural local body - Kudavolai
2. Rippon building - Township
3. Neyveli - Grama panchayat
4. Cholas - Corporation
5. Mayor - Lord Rippon
1. Rural local body - Grama panchayat
2. Rippon building - Lord Rippon
3. Neyveli - Township
4. Cholas - Kudavolai
5. Mayor - Corporation
III. Fill in the box.
IV. Answer in brief.
1. What are the duties of Corporation?
• Constructing and maintaining the city roads.
• Providing drinking water facilities.
• Disposing garbage.
• Constructing libraries and maintaining them.
• Creating parks.
•Maintaining of birth and death records.
2. How is the President of Municipality elected?
The head of the municipality is called the president.
The president and the members of the municipalities are elected by the people directly. The tenure of the members is five years. One of the members of the municipality is selected as Vice-President.
3. What is the total number of Corporations in Tamil Nadu?
There are 14 corporations in Tamil Nadu.
4. What are the sources of income of Municipality?
Central government and State government provide the money. People also pay municipality in the form of house tax, professional tax, drinking water tax, shop tax, road tax and drainage tax.
1. Find out the activities held in the parks and libraries of your ward and share the information in your class.
2. Visit your nearby Corporation with the help of your teacher and examine the Council Assembly.
3. What are the taxes paid by your parents?
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.