![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Good Citizen | Term 1 Chapter 3 | 5th Social Science
I. Fill in the blanks
1. Man is a social animal.
2. The word civic means citizen of a nation.
3. The aim of education is to change person into a valuable person.
4. Personal value is the basic value for every individual.
5. Always be prompt in delivering duty.
II. Match the following
1. Personal value : Harmony
2. Cultural value : Affecting factor
3. Disciplinary value : Tolerance
4. Social value : Punctuality
5. Unemployment : Honesty
1. Personal value -Honesty
2. Cultural value -Harmony
3. Disciplinary value -Punctuality
4. Social value -Tolerance
5. Unemployment -Affecting factor
III. Answer the following in brief
1. Define the term Citizen.
A citizen is a person who is a member of a particular country and enjoys various rights and executes his duties. A sovereign state provides citizenship to its people. Right to live, right to vote, right to work and reside anywhere in the country are the other rights enjoyed by the citizens.
2. List out any five personal values.
3. Write a short note on cultural values.
Becoming well mannered and cultured is an essence of the society. Irrespective of language and religion people live together in harmony. This help to maintain cultural values. We are all humans. We must live together as brothers and sisters.
4. What are the social values?
❖Maintain good relations with people
4. What are disciplinary values?
Punctuality, involvement, treating every one as equal, doing work on time, holding your morals, doing duties without fail, etc. are disciplinary values.
IV. Answer in detail.
1. Write about the constitutional values.
1. Safeguard the public properties.
2. Maintain the unity and integrity of the nation.
3. Develop scientific attitude.
4. Protect the natural resources.
5. Care for the environment.
6. Honour the national symbols.
7. Respect martyrs and their sacrifices.
8. Preserve our culture and heritage.
9. Develop patriotism.
2. Write any five factors that enrich good values.
Factors that enriches good values are:
❖Creating awareness and interests
❖Trying hard till success
❖One’s own evaluation
1. We show love to all living beings.
2. Help the poor with generosity.
3. Honesty is the best policy.
4. The best relationship is friendship.
5. We show hospitality to our guests.
6. We show mercy to those who suffer.
7. Always speak the truth.
8. We must maintain tolerance in public.
Love, mercy, generosity, honesty, truth, friendship, hospitality, peace, tolerance, faith etc. are personal values. (Fill in the above blanks with the help of these values)
1. What is your mother tongue? Tamil
2. Honesty is the best policy.
3. Main food of North India is wheat.
4. Rice is the main food of south India.
5. How many languages do you know? Two languages (Tamil & English).
1. Grow trees to get rainfall.
2. Millions benefit if they live together/peacefully.
3. United we stand divided we fall.
Punctuality, involvement, treating every one as equal, doing work ontime, holding your morals, doing duties without fail, etc. are disciplinary values.
Circle the good values given above:
Match the following
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.