Let us Understand
A. Tick (✓) the correct word for the picture.
B. Where does the raindrop go? Draw a line to the pictures in the correct order.
C. Listen, think and say.
1. Who comes down from the sky?
2. Whom does the raindrop meet in the woods?
Trees, deer, rabbits
3. Where does the raindrop see the kingfisher?
4. Where does the raindrop go finally?
5. Is the raindrop happy?
Let us do
away come must say down not but for how him do into were they any here was what
* Display the words on the word wall.
* Make four sets of word chits.
* Divide the class into four equal groups.
* Distribute one set of cards to each group.
* Read the word and make each group find the word that you read.
* The group that finds the word first gets a chance to read it out to the class.
* Repeat until all words are practised.
Let us talk - Circle time
Display some objects in the class (toys, fruits, vegetables etc.). Divide the class into two groups A and B. Show an object and prompt the children in group A to say, “I like ______.” Let the children from group B say, “I don‛t like _____.” Practise with more objects and change the roles of groups.
Let us practice
Let us say
Listen to the sound and repeat.
Note to the teacher: Revise the sounds of the letters given above. Help children understand that the sound for a letter is the same for both uppercase and lowercase.
Let us do
Chop rung thud rug gush moth toss luck fun shall shell nib fit lip
• Display the words on the word wall.
• Make two sets of chits.
• Distribute it to every child in the class.
• Ask children to search for a partner with the same word.
• Make each pair read the word together.
• Practise with all pairs.
Let us practise
Bob the cop has a pot. Bob the cop fills the pot.
Dud is a bug and likes her rug. Dud likes to hum on her rug.
The pup fell into the tub. The dog got the pup out of the tub.
The fat cat has a cap. The fat cat with a cap sat on a mat.
It is a big pig with a wig. The big pig with a wig is in a pit.
Jen has a red pen. The red pen is on the bed.
What comes next?