Fill in the blanks
1. Vetri constructions was once a leading company.
2. He took a loan to run his company.
3. Vetri’s friend is Asif
Say True or False.
1. Keelakudi was the native of Vetri. [Answer: True]
2. The school was a middle school. [Answer: True]
3. Vetri and Asif were good in studies. [Answer: True]
4. Vetri never visited Chennai. [Answer: True]
5. Asif was a businessman. [Answer: True]
Read and Understand
A. Choose the correct answer.
1. Vetri went to Asif’s ____________.
[Answer: (b) office]
2. Vetri came to Chennai to visit his ____________.
[Answer: (b) friend]
3. Asif saw his friend through the ____________.
[Answer: (a) camera]
B. Choose correct synonyms for the italic word.
1. Vetri constructed a bungalow.
[Answer: (b) built]
2. The brothers started a business separately.
[Answer: (a) apart]
3. I am living in the outskirts of the village.
[Answer: (b) outpost]
4. Asif quarreled with his friend.
[Answer: (a) fought]
5. He stood astounded.
[Answer: (c) shocked]
C. Choose correct antonyms for the italic word.
1. Verti's wife replied angrily.
[Answer: (a) calmly]
2. The vegetables look fresh.
[Answer: (a) rotten]
3. Vetri had a strong will to start a new business.
[Answer: (c) weak]
4. Vetri was surprised by his friend.
5. He spoke nervously.
[Answer: (b) confident]
D. Answer the following questions in one or two words.
1. What was the name of Vetri’s company?
Answer: The name of Vetri’s company was ‘Vetri Constructions’.
2. Why did he sell his properties?
Answer: He sold his properties to pay his loans.
3. Which was the home town of Vetri and Asif?
Answer: The home town of Vetri and Asif was Keelakudi village.
4. When was the school established?
Answer: The school was in the outskirts of Keelakudi village. It was a middle school.
5. When did Vetri receive a call from Asif’s office?
Answer: Two days later after reaching his home, Vetri received a call from Asif’s office.
E. Answer the following questions in 100 words.
1. How did Vetri lose his properties?
Answer: Vetri was once a successful businessman in Coimbatore. His Vetri constructions was a leading construction company. After his father’s death, his brothers demanded to split the wealth, as they wanted to start their business separately. From then on, Vetri found it difficult to establish his business. He took loans to run his company, but he could not pay the loan. So he sold all his properties and paid the loans. His family then moved to a very small house. He found a job and started to lead a normal life.
2. What happened when Vetri met Asif?
Answer: Vetri boarded the train and went straight to Asif’s office. When Vetri was enquiring about Asif, he got a pat on his back. It was Asif, who came to receive Vetri, after seeing him through the CCTV camera. Vetri was speechless. He apologized to Asif saying that he never got a chance to visit Chennai. So he couldn’t meet him at all. They spoke about their school days and the fun they had. They also discussed about their business. Asif took Vetri to his home for lunch. Vetri was surprised to see that everyone knows him. In the evening, Asif dropped him at the station.
3. How did Asif show his friendship?
Answer: Asif was a true friend of Vetri. When Vetri came to his office, he came to receive him, as he saw through the CCTV camera. He gave Vetri a pat on his back. Vetri was speechless on seeing him. He took to his cabin. They spoke about their school days and the fun they had. They discussed about their business. Asif took Vetri to his home for lunch. Vetri was surprised to see that everyone knows him. Vetri stayed there till evening. Asif dropped him in the railway station. After two days, he invited Vetri to his office and assigned him a project.
Short Questions with Answers.
1. What did Vetri’s Constructions construct?
Answer: Vetris constructions constructed many shopping complexes, houses and a few apartments in and around Coimbatore.
2. What happened after his father’s death?
Answer: After his father’s death, his brothers demanded to split the wealth, as they wanted to start their business separately.
3. Whom did Vetri decide to meet? Why?
Answer: Vetri decided to meet his friend Asif in Chennai for help.
4. How strong was their friendship?
Answer: Vetri and Asif studied in the same school at Keelakudi village. They were always together in learning and playing. They continued to be good friends till their X Std. After that, Asif had to move to Chennai.
5. Who stopped Vetri at the gate of Asif’s office?
Answer: The security stopped Vetri at the gate and asked whom does he wants to meet.
6. How did Asif know that Vetri had come to his office?
Answer: Asif saw him through the CCTV camera and came to receive him.
7. Why didn’t Vetri’s wife ask anything else?
Answer: Vetri fold his wife everything in detail. His wife knew her husband. So she didn’t ask anything else.
Paragraph Question with Answer.
1. How did Vetri and Asif’s friendship start?
Answer: Their friendship started on the first day of school. When Vetri’s parents dropped him at the school, he started crying. Asif consoled him with a chocolate and asked him not to cry. From that day, they stayed together, played together and even exchanged their food. Their friendship grew stronger with time. They were always good in studies and helped each other in lessons. There was always a healthy competition between them. Surprisingly, the exams, results and marks never affected their friendship. Their friendship continued till tenth standard. Then Asif moved to Chennai.