![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Propert?es Of Hardened Concrete
Ø The principal properties of hardened concrete which are of practical importance can be listed as:
2. Permeability & durability
3. Shrinkage & creep deformations
4. Response to temperature variations
Of these compressive strength is the most important property of concrete. Because Of the abovementioned hardened properties compressive strength is one of the most important property that is often required, simply because;
1. Concrete is used for compressive loads
2. Compressive strength is easily obtained
3. It is a good measure of all the other properties.
Compressive Strength is determined by loading properly prepared and cured cubic, cylindrical or prismatic specimens under compression.
• Cubic: 15x15x15 cm
Cubic specimens are crushed after rotating them 90 o to decrease the amount of friction caused by the rough finishing.
• Cylinder: h/D=2 with h=15
To decrease the amount of friction, capping of the rough casting surface is performed.
Copyright Â© 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.