![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Points to remember
* Reproduction is an essential characteristics of living organisms. In plants there are two types of reproduction – asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction.
* In a flowering plants ,flowers are the reproductive organs. They produce fruits and seeds through pollination and fertilization.
* The male reproductive organ of a flower is androecium and the female reproductive organ of a flower is gynoecium.
* Transfer of pollen grains from the anther to stigma is called pollination. There are two types of pollination - self pollination and cross pollination.
* Agents like wind, water, insects and animals are helpful for pollination and are known as pollinators.
* After pollination, the fusion of male and female gametes takes place. It is called fertilization. After fertilization, ovary becomes the fruit and ovule becomes the seed.
* To perform the special function other than the normal function, the root, stem and leaf externally modify themselves according to the environment. So they change their size, shape and colour. These are called the modification of root, stem and leaves.
Let’s label the parts of the flower
Step 1:Use the URL to reach stimulation page. Click ‘Run adobe flash’ to launch the simulation.
Step 2:Select ‘OK’ button to run the activity.
Step 3:Drag a Stamen into the labelled box. Then click ‘OK’ button.
Step 4:Read the instructions at the top of the screen to do the activity.
Step 5:Click ‘Reset’ to refresh.
Reproduction plants URL:
*Pictures are indicative only
*If browser requires, allow Flash Player or Java Script to load the page.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.