Points to remember
● Multimedia allows the users to combine and change data from various sources like image, text, graphics, video, audio and video to a single platform.
● Multimedia has five major components like text, images, sound, video and animation.
● Static text, the text or the words will remain static as a heading or in a line, or in a paragraph.
● A hypertext is a system which consists of nodes, the text and the links between the nodes, which defines the paths the user need to follow for the text access in non-sequential ways.
● Images acts as an vital component in multimedia. These images are generated by the computer in two ways, as bitmap or raster images and as vector images.
● Animation is the process displaying still images so quickly so that they give the impression of continuous movement. In animation the screen object is a vector image in animation.
● Sound is a meaningful speech in any language and is the most serious element in multimedia, providing the pleasure of music, special effects and so on.
● Musical Instrument Digital Identifier (MIDI) is a standard communication tool developed for computers and electronic instruments.
● Video can be categorized in two types as Analog video and Digital video.