![if !IE]> <![endif]>
PACKED LUNCH: GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING NUTRITIOUS PACKED LUNCH FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN
Packed lunch has become a necessity for school children as it is not possible to have lunch at home. Packed lunch is a lunch in a tiffin box to be eaten by the child while away from home.
· It should meet one third of the day’s nutritional requirements.
· It should include food from all the four food groups though the number of dishes may be less.
· Food stuffs providing good quality protein like egg, milk or milk products like paneer or curd would improve overall protein quality in combination with vegetable protein.
· At least one serving of green leafy veg-etables should be included.
· One fruit or vegetable salad may be in-cluded every day.
· Variety should be present.
· Preferably the food packed should be different from that prepared for breakfast.
· The dishes should be packed in the right consistency so as to avoid leakage or food becoming dry during lunch which may not be appetising to the child.
· Following are two examples of a packed lunch.
Vegetable peas pulao, onion raita, boiled egg, banana.
Vegetable dhal rice, amaranth porial, soya gravy, and butter milk.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.