![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. Choose the correct answer :
1. The production and management of fish is called
[Answer: (a) Pisciculture]
2. Which one of the following is not an exotic breed of cow?
(d) Brown Swiss
[Answer: (c) Sahiwal]
3. Which one of the following is an Italian species of honey bee?
(a) Apis mellifera
(b) Apis dorsata
(c) Apis florae
(d) Apis cerana
[Answer: (a) Apis mellifera]
4. Which one of the following is not an Indian major carp?
[Answer: (d) Singhara]
5. Drones in the honey bee colony are formed from
(a) unfertilized egg
(b) fertilized egg
(d) both b and c
[Answer: (a) unfertilized egg]
6. Which of the following is an high milk yielding variety of cow?
(d) Red Sindhi
[Answer: (a) Holstein-Friesan]
7. Which Indian variety of honey bee is commonly used for apiculture?
(a) Apis dorsata
(b) Apis florea
(c) Apis mellifera
(d) Apis indica
[Answer: (d) Apis indica]
8. ――― is the method of growing plants without soil.
(d) None of these
[Answer: (b) Hydroponics]
9. The symbiotic association of fungi and vascular plants is
[Answer: (c) Mycorrhizae]
10. The plant body of mushroom is
(d) All of these
[Answer: (b) Mycelium]
II. Fill in the blanks :
1. Quinine drug is obtained from Cinchona (cinjona maram).
2. Carica papaya leaf can cure Dengue disease.
3. Vermicompost is a type of soil made by Earthworm and microorganisms.
4. Aquaculture refers to the culture of prawns, pearl and edible oysters.
5. The largest member in a honey bee hive is the Queen Bee.
6. Formic acid is a preservative in honey.
7. Polyculture is the method of culturing different variety of fish in a water body.
III. Say true or false. If false, correct the statement :
1. Mycorrhiza is an algae.
Correct statement: Mycorrhiza is a fungi.
2. Milch animals are used in agriculture and transport.
Correct statement: Milch animals are used in milk production.
3. Apis florea is a rock bee.
Correct statement: Apis dorsata is a rock bee.
4. Ongole is an exotic breed of cattle.
Correct statement: Ongole is an Indian breed of cattle.
5. Sheep manure contains high nutrients than farm yard manure.
V. Match the following :
Column A - Column B
Lobsters - Marine fish
Catla - Pearl
Sea bass - Shell fish
Oysters - Paddy
Pokkali - Fin fish
Pleurotus sps - Psoriosis
Sarpagandha - Oyster mushroom
Olericulture - Reserpine
Wrighta tinctoria - Vegetable farming
Lobsters - Shell fish
Catla - Fin fish
Sea bass - Marine fish
Oysters - Pearl
Pokkali - Paddy
Pleurotus sps - Oyster mushroom
Sarpagandha - Reserpine
Olericulture - Vegetable farming
Wrighta tinctoria - Psoriosis
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.