![if !IE]> <![endif]>
ORGAN SYSTEMS IN ANIMALS
I. Choose the correct answer :
1. Which of the following is not a salivary gland?
[Answer: (b) Lachrymal]
2. Stomach of human beings mainly digests ――― .
[Answer: (b) proteins]
3. To prevent the entry of food into the trachea, the opening is guarded by ――― .
(c) hard palate
(d) soft palate
[Answer: (a) epiglottis]
4. Bile helps in the digestion of ――― .
[Answer: (c) fats]
5. The structural and functional unit of the kidney is ――― .
[Answer: (c) nephron]
6. Which one of the following substance is not a constituent of sweat?
[Answer: (b) Protein]
7. The common passage meant for transporting urine and sperms in male is ――― .
(c) vas deferens
[Answer: (c) vas deferens]
8. Which of the following is not a part of female reproductive system?
(d) Fallopian tube
[Answer: (c) Testes]
II. Fill in the blanks :
1. The opening of the stomach into the intestine is called pylorus .
2. The muscular and sensory organ which helps in mixing the food with saliva is tongue .
3. Bile, secreted by liver is stored temporarily in gall bladder.
4. The longest part of alimentary canal is ileum.
5. The human body functions normally at a temperature of about 37°C .
6. The largest cell in the human body of a female is ovum .
III. State whether true or false. If false, correct the statement.
1. Nitric acid in the stomach kills microorganisms in the food.
Correct statement: Hydrochloric acid in the stomach kills micro-organisms in the food.
2. During digestion, proteins are broken down into amino acids.
3. Glomerular filtrate consists of many substances like amino acids, vitamins, hormones, salts, glucose and other essential substances.
Correct statement: Hormones are not present in glomerular filtrate.
IV. Match the following :
Organ - Elimination
1. Skin - (a) Urine
2. Lungs - (b) Sweat
3. Intestine - (c) Carbon dioxide
4. Kidneys - (d) Undigested food
Answer: 1-b, 2-c, 3-d, 4 - a
Organ - Elimination
1. Skin - Sweat
2. Lungs - Carbon dioxide
3. Intestine - Undigested food
4. Kidneys - Urine
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.