![if !IE]> <![endif]>
CARBON AND ITS COMPOUNDS
I. Choose the correct answer :
1. A phenomenon in which an element exists in different modification in same physical state is called
[Answer: (b) allotropy]
2. Carbon forms large number of organic compounds due to
(c) Tetravalency .
[Answer: (d) Catenation]
3. Nandhini brings her lunch every day to school in a plastic container which has resin code number 5. The container is made of
[Answer: (c) Polypropylene]
4. Plastics made of Polycarbonate (PC) and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) are made of resin code ――― .
[Answer: (a) 7]
5. Graphene is one atom thick layer of carbon obtained from
(d) gas carbon
[Answer: (c) graphite)
6. The legal measures to prevent plastic pollution come under the ――― Protection Act 1988.
(d) Human rights
[Answer: (c) Environment]
II. Fill in the blanks :
1. Antoine Lavoisier named carbon.
2. Buckminster Fullerene contains 60 carbon atoms.
3. Compounds with same molecular formula and different structural formula are known as Isomers .
4. Allotropy is a suitable solvent for sulphur.
5. There are seven plastic resin codes.
III. Match the following :
1. Alkyne - Bucky Ball
2. Andre Geim - Oxidation
3. C60 - Graphene
4. Thermocol - Triple bond
5. Combution - Polystyrene
1. Alkyne - Triple bond
2. Andre Geim - Graphene
3. C60 - Bucky Ball
4. Thermocol - Polystyrene
5. Combustion - Oxidation
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.